14 Days Photography Safari
The Masai Mara Reserve is arguably the greatest wildlife location in all of Africa. The Mara is the northernmost corner of the Serengeti ecosystem—and is so remarkable that one cannot do justice to it in a brief description. This region is one of the continent’s best locations for lions and cheetahs. We spend 13 days here focusing on the predators and their prey. Birds are always a big part of the Mara experience, as well, and everyone enjoys the brilliance of lilac- breasted rollers and saddle-billed storks, the regal demeanor of the hawks and eagles, and the excitement of a squabbling throng of vultures on a carcass. Our tour is planned for the traditional time of the great migration “crossings” of zebras and wildebeests over the Mara River and the amazing and dramatic interplay between them and the resident Nile crocodiles! Although the timing is extremely unpredictable, we stand a reasonable chance of intercepting this remarkable wildlife phenomenon during our stay.
With only four participants in each vehicle, fantastic accommodations, and outstanding local guides who fully understand the needs of photographers, our Kenya Wildlife tour is a productive and unforgettable photographic adventure!
Arrive at Keekorok airstrip where Daniel our photography guide will be waiting for you for briefing before you proceed to the lodge for check in and later lunch the meals are buffet, enjoyed either in the dining or under the shade of indigenous trees. The culinary affair is indeed one to delight the senses. Later enjoy your first game drive in this world famous reserve which is an extension of Serengeti National Park of Tanzania. Masai Mara National Reserve is considered Kenya’s best park and one of Africa’s highest wildlife density regions for predators. The reserve covers 583 square miles (1510 square kilometers) of outstanding wilderness in southwest Kenya. The location, wildlife, activities and comfortable moderate climate puts Mara at the top of the list when the public reserve was first established; accommodate Maasai cattle grazing on their ancestral lands. Although the decrease in land area may be considered a letdown for wildlife conservation and protection at its infancy, the animals and habitats of the reserve found new allies to ensure their survival for generations to come. Many private conservancies have been introduced to protect the land that surrounds the reserve, thereby providing more area for wildlife. The lands not only protect habitats for resident species, but also preserve a critical part of the route used by wildebeests and zebras. Return to the camp or lodge for dinner and Overnight. Accommodation: KEEKOROK LODGE.
from $5,000/per person
- Pick up and drop of at your hotel/residency, meet and greet services of our representatives.
- 13 nights accommodation in the above mentioned Hotels /lodges / tented camps category with private en-suite Facilities.
- 3 Meals a day as described by B (Buffet Breakfast), L (Lunch), D (Dinner)
- Transportation by specially equipped non-air-conditioned open sided 4 x4 land cruiser suitable for game Viewing and photography.
- Services of a professional English speaking Masai driver guides
- Park entry fees for masai mara.
- Off-road permit valid for entire stay
- Return domestic flights to Masai Mara
- Unlimited game drives, sightseeing and excursions as described in the itinerary.
- International air fares, airport taxes and security related fees unless mentioned here
- Meals not described in the itinerary above
- Tips and gratuities to driver/guide; hotel/camp and restaurant staff; room service etc
- Items of a personal nature i.e., telephone/internet usage, laundry, bottled water and other alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, etc
- Any other optional tours or excursions or any other tour not mentioned in the itinerary