Are you ready to embark on an unforgettable adventure in the breathtaking landscape of Amboseli National Park? A flying safari in Amboseli offers the opportunity to experience the breathtaking beauty of this region from a bird’s eye view as you soar over the savannah and witness the incredible wildlife that calls this place home. But as with any vacation, one of the first things on your mind is likely the cost. So, what is the cost of a flying safari in Amboseli?
This article will provide an overview of the various types of flying safaris available in Amboseli and their associated costs, as well as any additional considerations that may affect the price of your safari. Buckle up and get ready to discover the magic of Amboseli from above.
About Amboseli National Park
Amboseli National Park is a beautiful and popular destination in Kenya, at the foot of Mount Kilimanjaro. This park is known for its stunning mountain views and abundant wildlife, including elephants, lions, giraffes, and more.
The park is also home to several Maasai communities, and the Maasai Mara National Reserve is located just to the north.
One of the main attractions of Amboseli National Park is the opportunity to see large herds of elephants up close. The park is home to over 1,500 elephants, and visitors can often see them roaming freely and interacting with each other.
In addition to elephants, the park is also home to various other wildlife, including lions, cheetahs, buffalos, giraffes, and many species of birds.
Conservation is an important focus in Amboseli National Park, and the park works to protect and preserve its wildlife and natural habitat. That includes efforts to combat poaching and illegal activities, and initiatives to promote eco-tourism and sustainable development.
Benefits of a flying safari:
A flying safari is a unique and convenient way to experience the beauty of Amboseli National Park.
One of the main benefits of a flying safari is the comfort and convenience of flying instead of driving. The drive from Nairobi to Amboseli can be long and bumpy, and a flying safari allows you to skip this journey and fly directly into the park. That can save a significant amount of time, allowing you to maximize your time in the park and see as much as possible.
In addition to the time saved, a flying safari allows you to fly directly into the park, rather than stopping at the gate and continuing by land. That provides a more seamless and enjoyable experience, as you can avoid the crowds and queues at the park gate.
Types of Flying Safaris Available and their pricing:
Several flying safaris are available for those interested in visiting Amboseli National Park. These include:
- Group joining safaris: Group joining safaris are perfect for solo travelers or small groups who want to join a larger group of like-minded people. The group joining the safari includes a professional tour guide and transportation in a land cruiser, two nights of full-board accommodation, unlimited game drives, and all park fees at USD 330/- per person.
- Private budget safaris: Private budget safaris offer a more personalized and affordable safari experience. This safari includes a private land cruiser and professional tour guide, two nights of full-board accommodation, unlimited game drives, and all park fees. This safari starts at USD 595/- based on two people.
- Private midrange safaris: Private midrange safaris provide a more luxurious and comfortable experience. This safari includes a private land cruiser and professional tour guide, two nights of full-board accommodation in a more upscale lodge or tented camp, unlimited game drives, and all park fees. This safari starts at USD 669/- based on two people.
- Luxurious safaris: Luxurious safaris offer the ultimate in luxury and comfort. This safari includes a private land cruiser and professional tour guide, two nights of full-board accommodation in a top-of-the-line lodge or tented camp, unlimited game drives, and all park fees. This safari starts at USD 878/- based on two people.
What is Included in a Flying Safari Package:
A typical flying safari package to Amboseli National Park includes the following:
Accommodation: Most safari packages include two nights of full-board accommodation at a lodge or tented camp within the park. Full-board accommodation typically includes all meals and drinks (excluding alcoholic beverages).
Transportation: Transportation is usually included in the form of a land cruiser and a professional tour guide. The land cruiser will be used for game drives and other activities within the park.
Guided tours: Most safari packages include the services of a professional tour guide, who will provide information about the park and its wildlife, lead game drives, and other activities.
Meals and drinks: Most safari packages include all meals and drinks (excluding alcoholic beverages). Some packages may also include bottled water throughout the safari.
Game drives: Most safari packages include unlimited game drives, which allow you to see the park’s wildlife up close and personal.
Other activities: Some safari packages may include other activities, such as guided walks or cultural tours.
Park fees: Most safari packages include park fees, which are required for entry into the park.
Factors Affecting the Pricing for Flying Safaris:
The cost of a flying safari to Amboseli National Park can vary widely depending on several factors. These include:
- Type of safari: As mentioned previously, the type of safari chosen will greatly influence the cost. Group joining safaris tend to be the most affordable option, while luxurious safaris are the most expensive.
- Time of year: The cost of a flying safari can also vary depending on the time of year you choose to travel. During the high season (typically July to October and January to March), prices tend to be higher due to increased demand.
On the other hand, prices are generally lower during the low season (typically April to June and November to December).
- Length of safari: The longer the safari, the more expensive it will be. Most flying safaris to Amboseli National Park are 3 or 4 days long, but longer safaris may be available.
- The number of people: The cost of a flying safari is typically based on the number of people in the group. The more people you have, the lower the cost per person will be.
Tips for Choosing the Best Flying Safari for You:
When choosing a flying safari to Amboseli National Park, it is important to consider the following:
- Determine your budget and desired level of comfort: Before booking a safari, it is important to determine your budget and how much you are willing to spend. This helps you narrow your options and choose a safari that fits your needs and preferences. Additionally, consider your desired level of comfort. Are you looking for a basic, budget-friendly safari experience, or do you want something more luxurious?
Consider the time of year you will be traveling: The time of year you choose can greatly impact the cost of your safari. As mentioned, prices are typically lower during the low season (April to June and November to December) due to decreased demand. On the other hand, prices are generally higher during the high season (July to October and January to March).